Ranjan Malik is an Innovation Specialist, Speaker, and Writer.
Malik speaks on innovation – product, process, business model and ecosystem; he has spent many years studying and working on how systems work; especially business and sociocultural ecosystems. His inspiring keynotes and talks tap into his extensive experience in innovation and deliver thought provoking insights on topics such as step-changing growth, industry leadership and design.
With a decade at J Walter Thompson and Lintas and then over a decade and a half as an innovation speaker, writer, and facilitator, Malik has created methodologies that help not just decode and map the hidden structures and patterns in a system but also design and reimagine them. These include the innovation evaluation methodologies used by awards such as ‘Innovation for India’ and ‘Tata and Forbes Global Innovation Awards’, the model used by NABARD for rural innovation, the ‘Storm the Norm’ innovation method and the Primalise approach to ecosystem design called Deconstruct to Reconstruct.
Besides innovation, he has a keen interest in design and sits on the India Design Mark, Lexus Design Award and NASSCOM Design Award juries. He has led and facilitated innovation initiatives at several organizations across Asia, Europe and USA, including Apple, Areva, APC, Bausch & Lomb, Castrol, Cable & Wireless, Glaxo SmithKline, Honeywell, J&J, Microsoft, Mahindra Auto, Max New York Life, Nestle, Novartis, Pepsico, Perfetti, Tata Group, Unilever and Whirlpool.
Malik’s views have been published in leading publications such as The Economic Times, The Huffington Post, Business World, The Hindu, DNA and Mint. He has been a Speaker or Chaired Sessions at
• Front End of Innovation – Amsterdam
• FT15 - Foresight & Trends, Los Angeles
• European Conference on Creativity and Innovation – Warsaw & Copenhagen
• NASSCOM Design Summit
• American Creativity Association Conference - Singapore
• Strategic Innovation Forum – Barcelona
• The India Innovation Summit - Bangalore
• Innovation for India Awards - Mumbai
• National Brand Summit - AIMA
• The TiE World Summit - Mumbai
• Asia HRD Congress
• Talks at Indian Institutes of Management (IIM) - Bangalore, Calcutta & Indore, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) - Mumbai, Centre for Leadership, Innovation and Change - ISB & National Institute of Design (NID) - Ahmedabad.
He is currently part of Primalise, more details and published work are here at linkedin.com/in/ranjanmalik.